Kingdom’s Edge Slot Review and Free demo game
In the name of the King, get the troops ready! We’re in for some real coins and money. No, there is no war to fight but only a video slot to spin with all your might. Welcome to Kingdom’s Edge Slots, a video slot created by SG Digital and powered by NextGen Gaming. In this game, the royalties are your allies who will bring you some luck.
Released in 2018, Kingdom’s Edge Slots is an epic-fantasy themed video slot that consists of five reels. It is probably set during the 5th or 6th century as it features reel symbols of royalties and heroes who fight alongside King Arthur. It has the King, four different warriors (Knight, Archer, Dwarf, and Sorceress), and the high-value card suits.
The illustration of every symbol reflects the theme and goes well with the overall design. The Wild Symbol bears the face of the King, and the Scatter Symbol is the Shield. To complete the overall theme, Kingdom’s Edge Slots uses medieval tunes that are tweaked to sound more modern.
With five reels and 20 paylines, Kingdom’s Edge Slots has an RTP of 95.4%, which is higher than other SG Digital video slots. However, it only has medium volatility and a few special features that can take a while for players to win. For every spin, the wager ranges from 0.10 to 50. It isn’t that expensive, but the biggest win that you can take home will only be 500.
The King’s Gameplay
The Kingdom’s Edge video slot gameplay always begins with a bet. To do that, go to the round control panel found at the bottom right screen click the Bet Up (+) or Bet Down (-) button to adjust the wager. You can directly see the Total Bet below the control panel. If you feel confident with your bet, click the Play button to spin the reels.
Don’t just play without knowing the rules. You need to bet 10 coins to play with 20 paylines. The payouts are shown on the Paytable, which you can access by clicking the Information (three horizontal lines) on the control panel. The wins on the Payline and Scatters are multiplied by the coin value, and they are added together after every winning round.
If you don’t want to keep on clicking or pressing the Play button after every spin, you have the AutoPlay option. It is found on the control panel and represented by two arrows. Click the button to choose the number of spins you want for the AutoPlay function. You’ll have continuous reel spins until reaching the limit. But if you win any of the special features, this function stops. The same thing will happen if there isn’t enough balance left in your account.
Kingdom’s Edge Special Features
Unlike the many special features in Lightning Gems, Dragon Wins, and Samurai Splits, Kingdom’s Edge Slots only has a few ways to boost your game. Let’s find out what they are.
- Gold and Silver Wilds – There are two types of Wild symbols: Gold and Silver. The payline win is multiplied by the coin value.
- Gold Wild – It only appears on reel 1 as a stacked reel. It substitutes for all reel symbols, but it doesn’t replace the Silver Wild and Scatter symbols.
- Silver Wild – It appears anywhere on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5. Like the Gold Wild, Silver Wild substitutes for all symbols, but it doesn’t replace the Gold Wild and Scatter symbols.
- Scatters – This is represented by the Shield, and it gives you the opportunity to play the Free Games.
- Rally The Troops – This special feature is activated when reel 1 is stacked with Gold Wild symbols. But it’s a bit complex with the Silver Wild symbol. If there is one or more Silver Wild symbols appearing on reels 2, 3, 4, or 5, the following can occur:
– Each Stack of Silver Wilds expands to cover the rest of the positions on the the respective reel.
– Any Hero symbol, which appears on the same reel as the Silver Wild, increases the spin’s win multiplier by 1.
– Any Shield symbol appearing on the same reel with the Silver Wild gives you one extra spin (Rally The Troops Spin).
- Defend The Gates – This is the Free Games feature that gives you free spins called Rally The Troops. It can be re-triggered while your Free Game is still going on.
3 Scatters = 15 Free Games
4 Scatters = 20 Free Games
5 Scatters = 25 Free Games
When reel 1 is partially stacked with Gold Wild symbol, the stack nudges to occupy the rest of the positions. If reel 1 is stacked with Gold Wilds without nudging, you are randomly awarded with five or ten extra Free Games.
Go to the Kingdom’s Edge and Win
Kingdom’s Edge Slots is not as outstanding as the other video slots that I have tried. Yes, the overall design is impressive. The symbols on the reels show the creativity of the creators. They have even modified the card suit symbols to look like medieval characters, and that’s a huge plus. The background music is also good as it sticks to the whole theme. The gameplay is straightforward. Players will not be confused when they start playing the online video slot.
However, the only problem I have with Kingdom’s Edge Slots is the special features, which are too confusing to understand. Aside from that, they seldom occur, and you have to spend on more spins to have a chance at playing free games. Even if you read the rules, you won’t be able to understand them right away.
If you don’t care about special features, by all means, you can play this video slot. There is even a Kingdom’s Edge demo version that you can play on your desktop or mobile device. But if you’re after a good game with great reel boosters, then there are other video slot choices to try.