Sonya Blackjack House review
Blackjack is a classic game that is loved by millions. And it is also one of the most popular online table games today with hundreds, if not thousands, of versions available for play. So, how does a developer create a game of Blackjack that will stand out from the rest? By doing what Yggdrasil has done – by creating a unique gaming experience!
Sonya Blackjack is Blackjack game that is interactive, has absolutely stunning visuals and really smooth gameplay. When you play this version of classic American Blackjack, it won’t matter whether you are a novice player or a pro. It is designed in such a way that anyone can enjoy it! So, before you begin your experience with Sonya, let’s find out how this game works!
Sony Blackjack follows the rules of American Blackjack. Here are the basic rules that you need to know:
- It is played with 6, 52-deck cards in the shoe.
- After every round, the shoe is shuffled.
- Placing a Bet:
To place a bet, you need to click on the desired chip (the range is: £1, £5, £25, £50, £100 and £250).
You can also place side bets by clicking on the part of the table that shows the side bets.
- Number cards carry their own face value, but picture cards each have a value of 10 points. The Ace can either be an 11 or a 1, depending on the layout of the cards on the table.
- Getting a Blackjack (an Ace + a 10-point card) will beat all other 21 combinations, and the payout for a Blackjack is 3:2
- Once you have been dealt your two cards, you have the option of Doubling, Hitting, Standing or
- If the Dealer’s first card (the Face-Up card) is an Ace, then you are offered a chance at You will be allowed to place an Insurance Bet that not more than half of your original wager. If the dealer has a Blackjack, you will be paid out 2:1 of the Insurance Bet you have placed.
Additional Game Features
The side bets in Sonya Blackjack are what make it really exciting and can also get you some serious money. All side bets need to be placed before you begin the game. So, when you’re making your main bet, you also need to decide whether you are going to place one or both of the side bets.
- Perfect Pairs
This side bet is placed for the first 2 cards that Sonya deals you. You win this bet if your first two cards are a pair. The Perfect Pair is identical cards, for example, 2 Ace of Spades. Here is the list of what pairs get you the wins:
- Perfect Pair: If you land a Perfect Pair, you win 25:1.
- Coloured Pair: If you land a pair of the same colour but different suits, then you win 12:1.
- Mixed Pair: If you land a pair of cards of any suit, the payout is 6:1.
The thing you need to remember is that the RTP of this side bet is only 93.89%, which means that your chances of winning such a bet aren’t too high.
This bet looks at the combination of your first two cards and Sonya’s face-up card which forms a 3-card poker hand. These are the combinations of the hand you need to get to win this side bet:
- Suited Trips: If you land 3 of the same kind of cards (e.g., 3 Ace of Spades), then you get a payout of 100:1
- Straight Flush: If you land a sequence in the same suit (e.g., Ace, King and Queen of Spades), then you get a payout of 40:1
- 3 of a Kind: If you get 3 cards of the same value but different suits, then you win a payout of 25:1
- Straight: If you get a sequence but not in the same suit, then you win a payout of 10:1
- Flush: If you get 3 cards with the same suit (e.g., 8, 10 and Jack of Spades), then you win a payout of 5:1.
The RTP for this side bet is even lower at only 92.86%, which means that it will be a really long shot to win this bet.
- Multiplayer Option
What makes this game of classic Blackjack so interesting is the fact that you can compete against the house, or against other players – the choice is yours!
You can play classic American roulette on almost any online casino today. But what makes Sonya Blackjack such a popular choice is its game design. The game screen shows you Sonya, the Dealer. Yggdrasil has made use of high-end technology through the REDUX platform to make the dealer seem as like-like as possible.
The gamescape is sleekly designed with no clutter to muddy the feel of the casino. The music is muted and adds to the classy atmosphere of the game. Bets are easy to make and statistics and history are also easily found on the game screen.
Yggdrasil’s Sonya Blackjack is a visually stunning game of Blackjack that offers simple, straightforward gameplay. The ability of a player to interact with other online players – or play alone – is what makes this game even more attractive. This game is available in both PC as well as mobile versions, so you can play on the go!
With a 9.6 player rating, this is definitely a game that you should try your hand at!