Caribbean stud poker Review, Bonus and FREE game
If you are a poker-lover, then you will have heard of Caribbean Stud Poker. While there are many online game developers that have released their versions of this game, the most popular by far is the version launched by Playtech.
Playtech’s Caribbean Stud Poker is beautifully designed, and has offers an interesting twist to the original, which makes it even more playable. So, if you’re planning to give this game a go, we suggest you read our detailed review so that you know what to expect from this game.
Caribbean stud poker Gameplay
With an RTP of 97.44%, Caribbean Stud Poker has some pretty hefty payouts in store for you. However, that doesn’t mean that you will get those payouts easily. Luck and strategy will help you increase your chances of winning.
To begin this game, you need to first place your bet. Click on the chips that are placed at the bottom left of the game screen, and then click on the betting circles on the table (around the centre of the screen). If you wish to increase your bet by the same amount, just keep clicking on the betting circle until you are satisfied by your bet amount. The betting amount ranges from £1 to £100.
Once you have placed your ante, click on the Deal button. You will be dealt 5 cards, and you need to choose between calling and folding. You decision must be based on the single up card from the dealer’s hand.
If you wish to call, then your bet will be either equal to or double the original bet. Then, the dealer will reveal the rest of their cards. Here’s the interesting part: the dealer must first qualify for the round by holding an A, K or better card. If they do, then your cards are compared. If you have better cards than the dealer’s you win.
If the dealer is unable to qualify, then you will get back double the ante you laid down.
Pay Table for Caribbean Stud Poker
The key to playing this game is understanding what the winning hands are and what you will get as a payout.
- High Card: If you do not have any combinations but you win because of a high card, you will get a 1:1 payout.
- One Pair: If you manage to get a pair, then you will win a payout of 1:1.
- Two Pair: If you have 2 pairs in your hand, then you will get a payout of 2:1.
- Three-of-a-Kind: If you get this combination, then your payout will be 3:1.
- Straight: A Straight will get you a payout of 4:1.
- Flush: If all the cards in your hand belong to the same suit, you will get a payout of 5:1.
- Full House: If you get a pair and a 3-of-a-kind – a Full House – your payout will be 7:1.
- Four-of-a-Kind: 4 cards of the same kind will get you a payout of 20:1.
- Straight Flush: Get a sequence of 5 in the same suit and you will win 50:1.
- Royal Flush: If you are lucky enough to get this hand, then you win 100:1.
Betting Tip: If you see that you have a pair or better, then you should make a side bet. And if you have anything less than an A or K (which means that your cards are lower than the dealer’s qualifiers), then it is best to fold, or you will lose.
We also recommend that you play this game in demo mode until you are conversant with it before you put real money on the table.
Additional Game Features
Playtech adds one additional feature to its version of Caribbean Stud Poker: Progressive Jackpot. You will be eligible for this feature if you have made a side bet of £1 or more. To win the jackpot, you need to have the following types of hands:
- Royal Flush: If you have a Royal Flush, you be awarded 100% of the Jackpot, which can be worth more than £100,000!
- Straight Flush: If you have a Straight Flush, you will be awarded 10% of the total Jackpot.
- Four-of-a-Kind: If you have this hand, then you will get 500 times your side bet.
- Full House: A Full House will win you 100 times your side bet.
- Flush: A hand with a Flush will win you 50 times your side bet.
Playtech’s game design for its version of Caribbean Stud Poker fits in perfectly with the game.
The visuals are great, with a poker table set-up. The logo of the game sits firmly in the middle of the game screen (on the poker table). The betting circles are placed below the logo, and the betting chips are lined up along the edge of the table. The minimum and maximum bets are displayed on the top left corner of the screen, while the pay-table is displayed on the right. The sounds match the game perfectly, especially the dealer’s sound clips.
This game has been designed with simplicity in mind – clean, uncluttered game visuals and sounds, and straightforward, easy-to-understand gameplay. It’s the perfect combination!
Caribbean Stud Poker is one of Playtech’s most popular casino games. This is because it is a simple game, especially if you already know how to play other types of poker games. And even if you are a new entrant to the world of poker, it won’t take you long to get the hang of this game!