Do Blackjack Tips Really Work?
Preface: Casinofy pulls back the curtain on blackjack to reveal some of the most useful blackjack tips for players. This strategy-based game features elements of skill and luck which players can maximize for personal benefit. It should be clear, right off the bat, that despite the most meticulous planning, it is still possible to experience a bad beat in blackjack when the luck of the cards doesn’t go your way. By the same token, it is possible to significantly improve your prospects of winning by implementing winning blackjack tips. Lady Luck always has the final say in how the cards fall, but the best tips to win at blackjack can take you a long way towards achieving that objective.
When players follow the rules of blackjack games, implement sage betting practices, and manage their bankrolls correctly, it’s amazing how much more favorable your fortunes become. In this comprehensive blackjack tips guide, Casinofy explores all the avenues available to make you a better blackjack player.
Top Blackjack Tips
It’s worth emphasizing the raison d’être for playing blackjack: ‘The objective of blackjack is to beat the dealer’s hand total without exceeding 21 (busting).’ To this end, several important reminders are worth mentioning:
- Set a budget and stick to it when you play blackjack.
- Practice blackjack in demo mode before you play for real.
- Always use basic blackjack strategy when playing for real money.
- Pick a blackjack table with favorable odds – that means 3:2, not 6:5
- Implementing the right strategy will serve you well in the long-term.
- Never pay for top blackjack tips or guides on how to win at blackjack.
- Learn the rules of blackjack games before you deposit and play for real.
- Successful blackjack players always employ tried and trusted tactics and strategies.
- Sometimes luck will be with you, sometimes it won’t. Don’t fret about what you can’t control.
With this information in mind, it’s time to go over the basics of blackjack so that you know how to win at blackjack.
- Stick to blackjack strategy charts on every hand you play. Over time, you will limit your losses to a minimum. Remember: In blackjack, you can reduce the house edge to 0.5% with basic blackjack strategy.
- Set a budget for your blackjack gaming sessions and stick to it. Pick a blackjack table with a bet limit that will maximize your budget.
- Take regular breaks in between your blackjack gaming sessions so that you don’t play on tilt (make emotionally-based decisions).
- Pick your blackjack games carefully, noting how many decks of cards are used, if the surrender option is available, and the specifics of splitting cards.
With that said, it’s time to learn how to win at blackjack!
- Avoid even money and insurance – they are always going to cost you more money in the long run. The dealer will have blackjack approximately 31% of the time. That means that approximately 69% of the time the dealer won’t have blackjack. Avoid these sucker bets.
- With regards to pair splitting, you will always split 2s, 3s, and 6s when the dealer’s up card is 2 – 7. You always split 8s and Aces regardless of the dealer’s up card.
- Never split 5s and never split 10s.
- If your soft hand total is Ace + 9, always stand. If your hard hand total is 17, always stand.
- While card counting is often touted as a ‘must-do’ activity in blackjack, it is exceptionally difficult for casual players to perform. It is near impossible to do online where cards are shuffled after every hand. The best you can hope for is a quick glance at the cards on the table, noting the number of 10-value cards in play. The more 10-value cards in play, the fewer the number of 10-value cards there are in the deck waiting to be dealt.
- For players who enjoy card counting, the best approach to adopt is the ‘Hi-Lo’ system whereby +1 is assigned to every card that is low à 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. A value of -1 is assigned to high cards à10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace. All other cards in the deck assume a value of 0. For illustrative purposes, you can practice card counting with a deck of cards and the total card count should equal 0. When the count is high, it means that there are plenty of 10-value cards in the deck. That’s when blackjack players bet big. When the count is low, there are many high-value cards on the table and very few left in the deck. That’s when blackjack players bet low.
Failsafe Tips for How to Win at Blackjack
The aforementioned tips will definitely serve you well in online blackjack and land-based blackjack games. It is always strongly advised to study up on the rules of blackjack games before you settle in and play for real money. Another important strategy to implement is bankroll management. Your budget is your lifeline in blackjack. It must work in concert with your blackjack tactics and strategies to give you the best possible shot at winning.
- Always double your bet when the value of your first two cards is 11. When you double your bet, you take one additional card (no more) and double the size of your bet. You can never bust when you’re on 11 – the worst result you will get is 13 and the best you’ll get is 21.
- Always pick out tables with the dealer will stand on a soft 17. A soft 17 is a 17 that includes an Ace. An example would be Ace + 6. Another example is Ace, 4, 2. The reason being – your odds of winning increase when the dealer stands on a soft 17.
- If the dealer is holding a low up card of 4, 5, 6, stand if you have a low-value hand. Given that there are 4/13 x 10-value cards in the deck, there is a 31% of pulling a 10-value card. Rather leave that to the dealer.
- Understand the rules of play with regards to surrender options in blackjack. If available, consider surrendering if you have bad hand and you want to implement damage control.
These blackjack tips will certainly help to put your game on track. Implement them at every opportunity, and you will see a dramatic improvement in your game.