Holmes and the stolen stones Slot Review and Free demo game
Yggdrasil Gameplay released Holmes and the stolen stones Slot – a progressive slot game back in 2015. Using the theme of Sherlock Holmes, they combined London’s alleys with an easy-to-use slot game interface. While playing, the aim is to collect various clues by forming three to five of the same symbol while earning at most €30,000 .
Holmes and the stolen stones slot is easy to play. Starting the game involves buying in using a certain Coin Value. Anyone can pay between €0.20 to €40 depending on the Coin Value you choose. Selecting the Max Bet can choose the largest amount you can bet.
After selecting the amount to buy into, the next step is to start the Slot. One option to do so involves clicking the Play button to activate one slot roll. The other consists in clicking AutoSpin, selecting the number of rolls, and let it play by itself. The roll can be stopped by clicking the Stop button.
As it is a low variance game, this means that it will pay out more wins in the form of token gestures. Don’t fret as for every 0.6% to 0.8% of every bet will be added to its local prize pool. Then, it will be divided into five progressive jackpots that can range between €40 to €10,000.
Getting one of these jackpots involves lots of spins. Once five Gem Shards of the same colour are collected, this will fill up the bar above a particular jackpot. On the fifth diamond in a column, the Slot will award you the prize indicated.
Winning this game involves getting at least three identical symbols in a row. How much they payout depends on the following factors:
- How much the bet is for the spin,
- The set value of the symbols in the combination, and
- The number of similar symbols in the combination
Various symbols will be used in this game. Getting matches using a blue diamond, a red heart, a green club, or a black spade will give 20 to 200 coins. A set of diary symbols can give up to 750 coins, and a set of magnifying glasses rewards 1,000 coins. Watson and Holmes themselves give up to 4,000 or 2,000.
Additional Game Features
Winning big in Holmes and the stolen stones slots is made more possible due to the additional game features available.
- Getting one of the five progressive jackpots requires filling up the five slots in one of the slot columns.
- These slots will be filed once a diamond of a certain colour is revealed. They are randomly distributed in a regular spin or a Bonus Round.
- While playing a Free Spin, filling the five jackpot slots in the special slots will help you win ten more Free Spins in addition to the jackpot.
Bonus Symbol and Warehouse Round
- Getting at least three blue keyholes within the 5×3 slots will trigger the Warehouse Round. Getting four blue keyholes also gives out a bonus of 1000 coins. Meanwhile, five blue keyholes will get an additional 10,000 coins.
- This round makes use of a room filled with various boxes. Each box contains either a random prize or a Bomb. Once the Bomb is selected, the player is returned to the regular slots.
- Aside from the Bomb, there are two kinds of prizes available. A Cash Prize can get between 20 to 1000 coins. Gem Shards can also be acquired here. Getting all five will give the player 10 Free Spins.
- This is unlocked once at least three golden keyholes appear in a slot. You can get either 1,000 or 10,000 bonus coins after getting four or five golden keyholes. Please take note that they don’t have to follow the pattern of other symbols to get through the Free Spin.
- After the golden keyholes appear, the player is redirected to another room using the same Slot. What’s different here is that all wins are tripled, and there is a higher chance of getting Gem Shards. Once all the Spins are used, the winning earnings are credited to the player.
- However, obtaining less than five Gem Shards after exhausting all Free Spins will not be credited to the original Slot.
Holmes and the stolen stones Slot Game Design
Yggdrasil Games made sure that Holmes and the stolen stones slots capture the gritty world of the British Detective. As the title suggests, there are hints of gems and treasures scattered across the game, from the bejewelled suits to the Gem Shards themselves. Holmes and Watson themselves appear as symbols.
The slots have a simple golden yellow colour each topped with the slots for each progressive jackpot. It is in the middle of two doors, which lead you to either the Warehouse Bonus or the Free Spins bonus in the game.
Adding to the serious atmosphere of the game’s theme is the background music. The sound effects of encountering unique tiles and matching combinations aren’t too loud, and they can be adjusted through the settings.
Holmes and the stolen stones Slot Review Summary
As one of the many Yggdrasil slot games available on the market, Holmes and the stolen stones slots is a fun game centred on mystery and luck. From its serious background music to the caricature of Holmes himself, any player can tell that they are helping him find the missing gems.
When playing a slots game with a low to medium variance, getting up to €30,000 is not bad. Do take note that playing this game requires using real money. With that said, this game will require in-app purchases.